Sunday, February 8, 2009

TC, JR and Sophing

A new thing was posted on the Josh Ritter web merch site. A reader set, of 3 books and a tote bag. The 3 books of Josh's favs. Drop City by TC Boyle, who is like the only American author that I have read works by, so I feel like me and Josh have like a special connection, like oh my god, like. The other books are, The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz, which I have also enjoyed (oh shit 2 for 2), and the third is one called Independence Day, which I think is the novel the movie was based on, and I liked that movie (3 for 3 woot!), who cares that the cover of that book looks nothing like aliens are invading Earth :O.

Next, for some reason, call it a fan's intuition, I had the desire to check out the Smashing Pumpkins onilne offerings, and lo and behold, yesterday they added new stuff to the online store, with some 20th anniversary tees, and a messenger bag I was trying to snipe earlier, but to no avail. Oh, and I should mention, I checked yesterday, probably like minutes after they upped it to the site.

And finally, I got a call 2 hours earlier telling me I made the soph team at Essex, this is really cool cus I don't like rejection, and now, just to clear another hurdle, I need to win my appeal of my current status. If I get that, then I'm golden.

Sweet.

No comments: