Tuesday, February 3, 2009

TSP, not SP

I had always wondered, as a pretty anal iTunes tagger, whether I should tag the pumpkins stuff as The Smashing Pumpkins, or just Smashing Pumpkins, so I looked to their albums for help, and their very first album, it said Smashing Pumpkins, but by the second album, it was The Smashing Pumpkins. I had alternated between the two, and retagging about 500+ songs in iTunes takes a few seconds, which is pretty annoying, and then the whole synching ordeal too, it just was such a pain going back and forth. So I was rewatching, this time the full interview given by Billy and Jimmy on This Hour with that George dude from CBC, and Billy said that the band is officially The Smashing Pumpkins, and that it said Smashing Pumpkins on Gish only because he couldn't get it to fit with the artwork, so there you go, I can now leave my pumpkins stuff tagged with The Smashing Pumpkins in peace now.

No comments: