Friday, May 8, 2009

"I Lick the Polished Chrome..."

That's a line from the last song to be released by Billy Corgan and Co. way back in February for the Hyundai Genesis coupe commercial which debuted just prior to the SuperBowl called FOL.  FOL apparently stands for Feel Our Love, and Hyundai claimed on their website that FOL was written exclusively for the commercial by The Smashing Pumpkins (ie. Billy Corgan).  However, didn't Billy make those suits look foolish, pocketing a healthy amount of money for that song, when in fact the song was not newly written, that it was actually a demo written during the Zeitgeist era of the band, which was scraped from the final album.  At the time, the song was known as XOX, but where am I going with this?

Well, today after the brazillionith (ah! take that George Bush) time, I finally got fed up with Apple Safari's internet browser constantly crashing on me while I'm browsing for "stuff".  So, once again, I have made Google Chrome my number one browser and Mozillar Firefox my browser for "stuff".  And that's where I got that polished chrome line, and I referenced FOL in the process in this blog posting, and dropping Smashing Pumpkins anywhere I can is just plain sick. <- In the good way of course.

No comments: