Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What to Watch

I apparently, have a bunch of shows to watch, which is the downfall of following a series a few seasons in so that I can have an uninterupted run of episodes for a few weeks, the downfall being, the show hasn't ended its run yet, so I have to follow it as it happens now.  Here's my list:

1. King of the Hill
2. The Simpsons
3. Family Guy
4. American Dad
5. Law & Order: Criminal Intent
6. House, MD
7. How I Met Your Mother
8. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
9. Criminal Minds
10. Law & Order
11. Parks & Recreation
12. The Office
13. 30 Rock
14. Southland
15. Harper's Island
16. Prison Break
17. Saturday Night Live

Though, by the end of the tv-season, I feel confident I can take off a few of the listed shows, with Harper's Island only slated as a mini-series, it'll end its run soon, Prison Break is not being picked up for a 5th season, and King of the Hill maybe out the door too.

Down to 14, awesome! (Y)  I think, I may shed off Southland (or maybe NBC will can it, who knows), Parks & Recreation isn't funny (actually!) despite it coming from the writers and showrunner of The Office.  And... How I Met Your Mother has yet to be confirmed for a 5th season, though that seems like a formality than anything.

So there you have it, my list of shows to watch, I hope to not pick up any new ones and by 2 years down the road, Law & Order should have ended its run, with creator Dick Wolf finally satisfied to take the title of "Longest Run" for a tv show, and Special Victims Unit might not be able to continue, or at least do well enough to survive if the two leads of the show are actually canned (which is what NBC is threatening because of the current contract negotiations).

No comments: